In time of financial squeeze, every dollar and cents count. I face the same pressure like most on how best to save for the rainy day or to make sure you have some for the next day. I didn't like the fact when I was doing online banking, there were charges for transaction fees during my operation with HSBC. This particular international bank charges a hefty amount when you transact with any local bank. argh. (i didn't like what I saw) x (number of entries).
It doesn't help me feel better when I looked at my australian funds to see my portfolio dipping because of a choice I made a year ago, to channel funds into a particular investment. argh. the interest is eating it inch by inch, and the share value is a far cry from the glory days 3 years ago.
If only I had the wisdom to manage better. I'm going to make some reservation choices in the next couple of days.
The times are tough now, nothing is stable and I am not sure where to put everything other than under my pillow.
I wish saving money could be like the old day, putting money into a piggy bank. The simple method of saving and banking. Every ang pow is stuffed there, every spare change from the bread you buy from the roti man is tucked there. It was so simple then. When you had kept it away, there was no desire to extract it, you enjoyed seeing it grow. In fact, there was a proactive initiative to earn some money so that you could save.
How quickly I became a fantasy of wanting to use that piggy bank to buy planes, guns, and all the GI Joe toys I wanted, my remote control car leading you to hug your piggy wishing for it all. Clearly it didn't last that long, we all had to grow up.
I knew mine ended the day I broke my piggy bank to buy flowers a girl I like. Oh how foolish :) The things boys will do, looking back, I should have just picked up some from the garden or something.
So when I have kids, and when my son gets a piggy bank, I'm going to teach him gardening and speak to him the knowledge of growing, nurturing and weeding. And yes, we'll talk about girls too.

Foolish boy on how you think materialistic value can win a girl you like... hohohoho :P
hehe. i was young...n foolish...but I liked ABBA, should have bought a CD instead :p